Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste (HHW) includes products such as motor oil, oil-based paint, weed killer, and drain opener. These products must be labeled with “caution”, “warning”, “danger”, or “poison” to indicate that they are hazardous.
What can I do to prevent hazardous waste pollution?
- Identify hazardous waste products in your home using the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency checklist and disposal guide.
- Handle and dispose of identified products properly at your local HHW facility.
- Recycle unused products at your local Reuse Room.
- Limit the strength and quantity of hazardous products you use.
- Consider using common household alternatives to toxic products.